Episode 5 – English: Update on COVID-19 for our NZ Pacific Community
Talofa lava and warm Pacific greetings!
John Pulu provides a Covid-19 update in English from the Ministry for Pacific Peoples for our NZ Pacific community. In this week’s update we have:
– 00:23 – Life at Alert Level 2 key messages
– 01:46 – Dr Leone Vadei talking through some key messages from the Ministry of Health – Manatū Hauora
– 05:20 – Constable Charles Laumatia sharing some messages from New Zealand Police
– 06:19 – Messages from Kainga Pasifika Services who help to build resilience, respectful relationships and violence free homes more providers can be found via Pasefika Proud
– 07:43 – @Le Va #CatchYourself – Respect your bubble – going over the third step of calming the mind – think.
– 08:47 – Parent checklist available from Ministry of Education NZ
– 10:20 – If your employment has been affected by Covid-19 then you may be eligible for the wage subsidy scheme or leave support scheme – we talk through what these are and how you can find out more thanks to Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment and Employment New Zealand
– 11:48 – Family time – full versions of these videos will be available in each of our language segments
Check out the Ministry for Pacific Peoples Facebook page for Pacific language translations!
#PacificAotearoa #StayHome #UniteAgainstCovid19 #BeKind