Episode 6 – English: Update on COVID-19 for our NZ Pacific Community
For many weeks due to Covid-19 we have had to adapt in the way we communicate and engage with our friends, families, and communities. Our Pacific cultural values and languages have been key in connecting and supporting communities across Aotearoa to keep our families safe and informed.
The Ministry for Pacific Peoples has united together as a collective of Pacific families, leaders, health professionals, businesses, marketing, communications, production, media professionals, translators, and government officials to bring you these Episode’s each week.
This is their final episode, dedicated to thanking our Pacific communities.
John Pulu provides an update in English and in this week’s update we have:
– 00:17 – Key messages to keep ourselves, our families, and our communities safe
– 01:09 – A message from Stake President Dean Westerlund
– 02:10 – Thank you message from Hon Aupito William Sio, MP for Mangere, Minister for Pacific Peoples
– 04:01 – Le Va #CatchYourself – Maintaining respectful relationships
– 05:06 – Dr Mary-Emma Chang Wai shares a final message from the Ministry of Health – Manatū Hauora
– 06:38 – Family time preview – full versions of these videos will be available in each of our language segments that will go live on Thursday
– 07:55 – Our collective success story
– 10:00 – A special tribute to our Pacific Community
For Pacific language translations head to the Ministry for Pacific Peoples Facebook page.